Are your exterior lights or plugs not working or intermittently or continually tripping your circuit breakers or fuses? This could be due to a ground fault, which is where the underground wire has a nick or a cut that is allowing moisture, corrosion, and arching to occur.
We will use our tracing and cable fault locating equipment to find underground bad splices, nicked wires, burned wires, or ground faults. Our technicians will then repair the fault and neatly restore the area.
We will locate and repair underground wiring for:
- Accent lighting
- Sub-panel feeders to out-buildings
- Swimming pool sub-panel
- Pole lights
If wires are connected to it, we can locate it!
We use three pieces of specialized equipment to locate and repair underground wiring using the following steps:
- Use the wire tracing equipment to locate cable path
- Disconnect both ends of the cable
- Perform an insulation test on the underground wire to confirm issue/problem
- Utilize our two-part cable fault locating system to locate the wire within a 24-inch area
- Excavate area and repair cable fault
- Restore area close to original condition
Utilizing our residential underground cable fault locating and repair service will save you money compared to re-trenching and/or re-installing all new cabling.
Tracing an Underground Cable Fault
A hands-on demonstration by Master Electrician, Joey Bellosi of J&G Electric Co., Inc., of how to locate and repair an underground cable fault.